Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Re-entry to life

I know I have not been here for a little while but I am back.  My exam is done with and I will not think about it until the results come in.  At this point I just want to pass so I can move on.

Excitingly (is that even a word?) I have been to London. Yes, all the way to London to be a tourist in my own country.  The last time I was there I had a broken hand and had a rather grim pin and a nasty compression glove to contend with, this time I only had an overly ambitious husband and two children.

How much can you cram into 9 days you ask?  Here is the quick list:

  • Tour of London on an open top bus (red of course)
  • Chinatown - including aromatic crispy duck (not available here in Singapore really, they have Peking which is just so fatty!)
  • Covent Garden
  • Soho
  • A Tour of the Houses of Parliment
  • Westminster Abbey
  • Big Ben
  • Downing Street
  • Les Miserable
  • Chiswick
  • The Science Musuem
  • Warner Bros Harry Potter Studios (awesome)
  • Chiswick
  • Ravenscort Park (the kids just love the swings)
  • Matilda the musical
  • Churchills War Rooms
  • Chiswick
  • The South Bank
  • Shakespeare's Globe Theatre
  • Borough Market
  • Liberty (the mothership - I used to spend so much time there)
  • Hamleys
  • The Natural History Museum
  • Patisserie Valerie (yum - but I still prefer Betty's)
  • Liberty (who can make just one trip?)
  • Hamleys (Hell on a Saturday)
  • John Lewis
This does not include everything but this seems enough. DH has the camera (he is in Scotland golfing) so I can post some pictures when he returns.

There was knitting though:
On the plane


The progress
And then this pair

I think I prefer them to be slouchy like this:

And then a little progress on this

It's the palessie-shawl in some Twisted Fibre Arts Warlock colourway.  The rows are already very long.

Right, the kids are due home any minute. TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment