Thursday, August 23, 2012

Knitting

There are days when nothing seems to go right or you wonder what you have been doing all day.  I used to have those a lot.  Particularly when the kids were little and days were pretty unpredictable.  This is when knitting soothes and gives a sense of accomplishment.

I LOVE my knitting.  I love the creativity of choosing the project, just the right yarn, the perfect colour and the matching beads if required.  I often tweak patterns these days and they feel more like mine if you know what I mean.  I've been working on a soothing, repetitive project recently, the lovely Swoon from Juju's Loops.  I've made it once already, exactly like the pattern but this time I've made it my own.  Instead of wrap stitches I placed tiny beads and for the endings and lace I used feather and fan.  I started it on the plane on the way to Paris, whilst I was there and also in Barcelona and on the flight on the way back.  It's almost finished, only 1 small piece of lace for one of the sleeves to do.  What do you think?




Things are tough at the moment and I need something at the extremely simple, no thinking end of the knitting spectrum so I have cast on this , Boxy by Joji Locatelli in Lavanda, Malabrigo Finito.  Shhhhhh, I should have knit that small piece of lace first.

No comments:

Post a Comment